Created by House Speaker Mike Hubbard and chaired by House Majority Leader Micky Hammon, the commission seeks to unite conservatives across Alabama in the process of creating the 2013 legislative agenda.
"Individual rights of Alabamians are under attack from an ever-expanding and encroaching federal government, committed liberal activists, and entrenched special interests fighting to preserve the dysfunctional status quo," Speaker Hubbard said. "I have asked this commission to search for ways the Legislature can help preserve the 10th Amendment rights guaranteed to Alabama by the U.S. Constitution while, at the same time, suggesting bills and other measures that will repel the federal assault on our citizens' freedoms and liberties."
We want to hear from you. If you would like to share your thoughts and ideas with members of the commission, fill out the form on this page.
Members of the Commission include:
- Rev. John Killian Sr. of Birmingham, Alabama
- Lynn Mitchell Robinson of Addison, Alabama
- Cliff Sims of Homewood, Alabama
- Representative Ed Henry of Hartselle, Alabama
- Representative April Weaver of Brierfield, Alabama
- Representative Barry Moore of Enterprise, Alabama
- Representative Kurt Wallace of Maplesville, Alabama